Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mother Nature is Bipolar

Ate so far today:
Chorizo and eggs
Cup of homemade chocolate protein coffee drink

Knitted since last time:
I finished up the sock I showed you last time and completed one from the Everyone Outta the Pool. I try to avoid SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) by alternating socks. This won't last for long as I am soon running out of sock yarn. *pouty face* Now to find a job so I can replenish my yarn supply!

Clandestine Sock #1 completed

Everyone Outta the Pool Sock 1 completed

I was hoping this would show the slip pattern texture. My mom said it looks like honeycombs.
Mother nature is bipolar. There isn't much else to say on that... >.>

I wish I could report that I have found a job or at least I am close on my search but nothing has come up yet. Unfortunately, due to the low incidence of hearing loss in the general public, jobs that focus on the Deaf and hard of hearing are not that readily available. I'm starting to regret my decision to not pursue my teaching certificate but then again, who would hire a Deaf teacher to take care of children with severe disabilities such as autism or cognitive impairments. I'm sure nobody would want to discriminate but I have to be realistic. My hearing loss can...no...it WILL impact my ability to be aware of my surroundings. I feel frustrated and angry at that truth but my professors were right to be concerned that I would not be able to find a job.
On more positive news, I did check my weight after all this time. When I had left my ex-husband's house (more his mother's house), I was up to 315. Last I checked (which was a week ago), I am down to 284.5. A slow decline but a decline none-the-less.
I am struggling with feeling more alone. A good friend of mine is moving to Utah to be with his girlfriend and her daughter and I am thrilled for him but I know I will miss having him around now and then. I need to find opportunities to meet people like me. I'm going to try and attend the deaf event this weekend for WSAD (Western Suburban Association for the Deaf) but I am so nervous around people I don't know if I will be able to walk in. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment